Business Continuity Management (BCM) is a continuous process of risk assessment and risk management designed to ensure that the company can deliver its key services in situations where disruption arises.
The benefits to Sembcorp are that it prepares our teams to respond rapidly and positively to a wide variety of actual and potential business disruption events with the aim of:
- Maintaining delivery of basic services to customers
- Protecting our own staff and those of our customers by responding effectively to the incident or event
- Maintaining our responsibility to the environment
- Protecting our reputation and that of our customers
- Maintaining our financial position by mitigating loss of revenue
Sembcorp became one of the first organisations in the world to achieve the prestigious BSI quality standard BS25999 several years ago. The standard recognised the robustness of the systems in place to identify, minimise and in some cases eradicate risks and independent auditors reaccredited the business with the award in 2011.